Monday, May 24, 2010

open doors.

inspiration: "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." --Helen Keller


when i think of all the struggles i face on a daily basis, they are not nearly as bad as i make them out to be in my head. i have truly been blessed beyond measure.

yes, im a college students trying to make ends meet. yes, i would like to be able to travel and go on road trips. yes, i would like to be "in a relationship". but more than my wants and selfish desires are the blessings that have been bestowed to me.

jobs.
money.
food.
clothing.
shelter.

i, honestly, complain wayyyy too much about what i don't have, rather than praising God for what He has blessed me with.

some doors have closed for me.
but lately, multiple doors have been opened for me!
multiple opportunities to serve.
multiple opportunities to bless.
multiple opportunities to share the love of Christ with others!

and these opportunities are worth more than money.
yes, money is nice. but being able to worship and praise and share my love for Christ with others and to be humbled by His grace and mercy through these opportunities is worth everything to me!

God has a way of revealing Himself to us when we least expect it and when we most need Him. God, not only has the ability to open doors, but also to keep us from seeing them until He wants us to see them. He has been constantly revealing Himself to me. i feel like i tried for so long to "force" seeing Him: i tried to read my Bible more, pray more, focus on myself less...but He revealed Himself to me not when i was trying the hardest, but when i was humbling myself and serving others. strange concept, i know. but God has definitely been working wonders in my heart and in my life. and definitely blessing me far more than i deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment