Thursday, May 13, 2010

"life is too short to be anything but happy"

inspiration: the quote.

i saw this quote at the beginning of Danny Gokey's music video. (i didn't watch the video or listen to the song, to be honest, because i was 1. setting the quote as my facebook status and 2. trying to make myself understand what that meant for me and my life.

lately, i've been kinda down.
i've spent probably too much time wishing i had this or wanting that or trying to be better. i've spent too much time focusing on things i don't have. i've wasted too much of my time and energy NOT praising and worshiping God, who blesses me with His love.

after all, we're blessed with things that are already His.
i have been blessed with "things", money, a car, an apartment, food (i have enough Sprite in my fridge to quench the thirst of a small nation), luxuries.
and every time moment i spend wishing i had more is a moment that's not praising God for His blessings.

i've complained too much and written too many blog posts about "not having someone special" when i need to realize that i am being BLESSED with this season of singleness. God is doing incredible things in my life RIGHT NOW! ive never been so blessed in my entire life with all the experiences, friendships, love, and free time that i have. i've been so consumed with all the worry and fear and "loneliness" that i've forgotten that only in Christ will i ever be fully satisfied. only in His love will i be able to rejoice and be happy, TRULY happy!

"I'm not a perfect person. There's many things I wish I didn't do."
you probably recognize that as the first line of "The Reason" by Hoobastank.

if i continue to wish away my days on earth, i'll never enjoy what God has surrounded me with forever. if i continue to blame myself for mistakes and mishaps and breakups and relationship problems, i'll never know the true meaning of forgiveness and i will have missed the entire point of His sacrifice for me on the cross. i'm going to encounter hard times. i'm going to struggle. i'm going to fail. i'm going to fall on my face! but i can't stay down.

"Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back."
"Life is too short to be anything but happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment