Saturday, May 22, 2010

defining lists.

inspiration: accepting who i am and who i am not.

sometimes, it's hard to come clean with our friends. but i find it even harder to come clean with myself sometimes. i set my expectations high for myself. sometimes it motivates me; other times, i just end up beating myself up for "not being good enough". i want to be loved, i want to be accepted, i want to be successful.

but what i am is this: a sinner.

Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

i will never in any way measure up to what i could be. sin will always hold me back. there are lists and lists of things that i wish i hadn't done. there are lists and lists of past sins and mistakes, some of which i am still in the process of forgiving myself for.

this is what i am: forgiven!

Romans 3:24-25a: "and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood."

He died for me! He died for my sins so that I may be forgiven and seen as perfect in the Holy eyes of God! In no way will I ever be perfect. In no way will I ever be good. But God showed His everlasting and unconditional love for me through the death and resurrection of His Son!

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."


I constantly have to remind myself that I have been redeemed and forgiven. My list of sins may be long, but I am not defined by that list. I am defined by the love of Christ! I am defined by forgiveness, grace, and redemption!

No comments:

Post a Comment