Friday, April 2, 2010

when life gives you lemons...

inspiration: weird dreams and uneasiness.

lemons:
i got an absolute weird night's sleep last night. i kept waking up (mostly because i would somehow end up laying on my wrist and considering it's sore anyways, it made it much worse). but i had weird, random dreams. it was like my subconscious was spazzing out on me. i woke up around 8 o'clock feeling almost depressed because it felt like everything i had overcome over the last week just came flooding back.

lemonade:
after being awakened by such strong emotions and frustration, i pulled myself together, read my devotional (Isaiah 40 -- God's Words of Comfort to Israel -- perfect, right?!), journaled, prayed and went back to sleep.

Once I woke up the second time, I felt totally refreshed. Even though I only slept for another hour, I felt completely refreshed. It was like my "battery life" went from "drained" to "completely recharged". I woke up with a better outlook on the day and on life, in general!! =D

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." --Isaiah 40:29-31



(Like I said. That was the perfect thing for me to read this morning during my semi-meltdown! God's timing is perfect!!)


even though, i currently don't have any big event to channel all my energy toward, i figured i might as well continue at least setting daily goals for myself. :)
goal for today: REST. Be still and be at peace with God's plans for me.

Psalm 46:10: "Be still and know that I am God..."


I have so much to look forward to :)
Having a picnic lunch with Heather and Kelsey, then going to see The Last Song :) The weather is lovely outside and I am on fire for God!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment