Friday, April 23, 2010

the ultimate relationship.

inspiration: my own personal struggles.

if i'm being honest, relationships are such complicated things.
for me, ive only been in like one serious relationship, so im by no means an expert and i tell everyone i know NOTHING about dating. i really don't.

but i do know this: its not easy. pain is not fun. no man (or woman, for that matter) will ever be perfect. we're human and we make mistakes. lots of them, too. and as long as we try and base our happiness on a human, we will always be disappointed. and the longer you "date", the harder it becomes to let go.

but if ive learned nothing else over the last six and a half months, i can say for sure with the utmost of confidence that Christ will never let you down. there are going to be moments where you're unsure of what will happen. the "what if i never find the right person?" or "what if i end up alone and a cat lady?" questions and woes have definitely stressed me out, but once i realized that even if i am single forever and if i do become a cat lady (heaven forbid =P) that Christ will always love me. He will always be everything i need.

He IS the ultimate relationship.

i know i fell into the trap of trying to "make things work" with my ex. it didnt work. i was worn down, he seemed indifferent to everything, which in turn hurt my feelings and it was all just so strained and i was so stressed from everything that i ended up just getting hurt. i constantly set myself up for rejection and was always upset when i was rejected.

but i dont have to worry about that now. Christ will never reject me.
men will come and go in my life. i have to trust that whenever the "right" one comes along, that God will place that feeling on my heart. ive heard so many times that when the "right" one comes along, you know.

and i dont know if or when i'll ever "know", but for now i do know that my singleness is going to be great. everything i do will be for Christ. even if i end up single and a cat lady, i'll be okay. :)


I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


books i would definitely recommend women to read:

  1. captivating -- john & stasi eldredge

  2. completely his -- shannon ethridge

  3. when God writes your love story -- eric & leslie ludy


  4. also, i'm reading sacred singleness by leslie ludy and really enjoying it :)

    and about relationships in general:

  5. love as a way of life -- gary chapman

  6. the five love languages (ive only read the singles edition) -- gary chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment