Wednesday, April 14, 2010

perseverance, character, hope

inspiration: i fail at life, sometimes.

i really do.
i rely on myself far too much.
i "hope" in things of my own accord rather than truly trusting God.

but after wrestling with my heart and head last night, my devotional this morning was the dose of truth i needed:

Romans 5:2-5:
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


If I hope in myself, it's basically like me saying "God, you're not enough", which of course is just not true! But when i humble myself before the Lord and say "I'm not enough, God, you are!", it is then when I truly experience hope the way it is meant to be experienced.

So, today's to do list:
1. persevere through all struggles and trials
2. reflect the character of a follower of Christ: make little of me and much of Christ
3. hope not in myself, but in the plans of God

Jeremiah 29:11 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment