Sunday, April 18, 2010

newly pruned.

inspiration: small group at the Denleys.

i am absolutely blessed beyond measure with an amazing church family!
tonight, i went to Alpha (as is tradition on Sunday night). tonight, our topic was "How Does God Guide Us?". the video outlined 5 "CS"'s through which we are guided by God.

afterwards, we sort of discussed some prayer requests and difficult things going on in our lives. a dear friend of mine is going through an incredibly tough time and dr. denley mentioned the beginning of John 15 and how we vines cannot produce grapes (or fruit) from the old growth: they must be cut back and pruned in order to bear new fruit.

I've definitely been going through an entire pruning process over the past few months and especially over this weekend.


"I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." --John 15:1-2


i feel like i havent been bearing much fruit lately. i feel like ive just been going through the motions and i definitely know i havent been healthy spiritually in a long time. i made a decision this past weekend to follow the path God has been leading me down. it was incredibly painful and i'm definitely still struggling to see the "big picture" i guess, but i know that it's all for God's purposes.

He's leading me to do these things so that i may grow closer to Him rather than to pursue a human relationship that will not fulfill my heart. God is calling me back to Him. to pursue HIS heart. to allow HIM to fill me and to fulfill my every need!

just as old vines cannot produce new fruit; my old habits and feelings can't produce fruit either. i must literally cut those things out of my life and let my new growth in Christ produce new fruit in my life. trusting God is the greatest thing anyone can do. and i have complete faith in that.

i may be newly pruned and aching and hurt. but i will become something that is beautiful and fruitful through God's work in my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment