Saturday, April 17, 2010

i need to be obsessed with Christ

inspiration: yesterday was hard.

i have come to realize that i had pretty much become obsessed and consumed by being in a certain relationship, but not the right one. my heart had become so consumed by trying to satisfy my selfish human emotions, that i had been forsaking THE most important relationship of all: my relationship with Christ.

ive become a hypocrite and im ashamed of that.
i would say that "i trust God with whoever he has planned for me", yet all i was pursuing was a relationship that isn't glorifying Christ.
yesterday, i took the first step to combat my hypocrisy and selfish heart. so now, im praying for strength and comfort and to be able to keep my eyes and heart focused on Christ, wholeheartedly and fully.


Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
--Psalm 71:3


The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.

Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
--Psalm 9:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment