Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"He doesn't just love us, He likes us too"

inspiration: Jarrett Stevens is phenomenal!

So tonight was AQUA, Grace Community Church's college worship gathering. I had the great honor of helping set up for the event (all those chairs...yeah, I put 'em in rows ;)). We had a guest pastor (Jarrett Stevens) come speak with us tonight and what God placed in his heart to preach about was EXACTLY what i needed to hear.


Psalm 145

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." (verse 3)

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down." (verses 13-14)


Whoa! Something I had really, truly, kind of forgotten was how

GREAT

God is! He's not just some small, minuscule God that I send my prayers up to every night. He is the ULTIMATE Creator of billions upon billions of stars and galaxies! I cannot fathom His greatness and I'm wrong to assume that my problems are "too big" for Him to handle.

But not only that, He is full of goodness, too!
He lifts me when I have fallen. He strengthens me when I am weak. I may stumble, but He is there to help me up and guide me back to His heart, even when I've turned away thousands upon thousands of times before.


I have been so caught up in "my own" thing lately that I had truly forgotten that nothing is too big for God and nothing is too small for God. My prayers need to be more about "extolling" His greatness and wonder; not belittling it. I feel like for a while now, I pray my "Dear God, Thanks for everything, Amen." prayers or the "Dear God, PLEEEEEASE (fill in the blank), Amen." prayers.

He's much bigger than that. I need to trust God and have faith in Him and His plans for me.

I hope to put Psalm 145 into practice into my life. I want to be able to shout exaltations for His glory! He is THE King! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment