Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a reminder to relax.

inspiration:i've been stressed. i need to relax and trust God


The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

--Psalm 23



i've been so stressed with school and work and meetings and managing time well. i've been so stressed with certain situations with a certain boy and just trusting in God's plan for us. I know that no matter what, God has someone planned for me. I just keep going back to my emotional desires for affection rather than trusting in God's love. Only His love will ever fill me completely. Even if things worked out with that certain person, God's love and mercy and grace would still abound.

But stress and worry are such man-made obstacles that keep me from trusting in God. Stress and worry mean that I am trying to rely on myself, rather than trusting in the One who has all things under control and holds all things together (see Colossians 1:17).

Psalm 23:1-3 is today's BibleGateway.com's Verse of the Day. Reading that this morning spurred me to read the entire Psalm and to just meditate and pray over it.

Green pastures and still quiet waters imply to me relaxation. PEACE. and that's the place I should be striving to be. At peace. And trusting. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

God is with me always. There is nothing He cannot handle. There is nothing He cannot control. I should take comfort in that.

No matter the circumstances, no matter the stress, I can put my entire trust in the Lord and He WILL come through for me! He ALWAYS does!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment