Tuesday, March 30, 2010

quotes.

inspiration: quotes i love :)

A few quotes that I have come across recently that have struck a chord with me, especially in dealing with the hard times and disappointments I've been facing:

"You are going through trials and difficulties, not because God has abandoned you but because He has chosen you and called you to know His heart." --Shelby

"A Christian man is not a man who never goes wrong, but a man who is enabled to repent and pick himself up and begin over again after each stumble -- because the Christ-life is inside him, repairing him all the time, enabling him to repeat (in some degree) the kind of voluntary death which Christ Himself carried out." --CS Lewis, Mere Christianity, 63

"While the world applauds achievement, God desires companionship. The world clamors, 'Do more! Be all that you can be!' But our Father whispers, 'Be still and know that I am God.' He isn't looking as much for workers as he is looking for sons and daughters -- a people to pour his life into..." --quoted in Completely His, 74 from Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World (9-10).

I am far from perfect (hard to believe, I know ;) j/k.) But I strive so hard to please people and to please myself. But it's not about me. It's about God. It's about surrendering my pride and self-ambition for His glory and His plans for me.

I really do need to be still and know He has wondrous plans for me. I need to let Him transcend my life, giving up pieces of myself in order that His name is made famous. My answer should be "Yes, Lord" to what He calls me to do, as I eagerly await His plans for me (see Isaiah 26:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment