Thursday, March 11, 2010

patience: a lesson learned only in time.

inspiration: patience...

i'm impatient. very much so.
i get ideas. and it bothers me a lot to have to wait to accomplish things that will bring my ideas to fruition.

but i realize that sometimes, patience is just a test.


"And we pay this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." --Colossians 1:10-12


a huge barrier between myself and God sometimes is my lack of patience. and i'm starting to realize that in overcoming those barriers, i am able to grow closer to God. and also once i overcome one barrier, it helps me overcome others. example:

as i have stated in yesterday's post, i applied for a passport in order to go on two missions trips (one in July to Guatemala, one in December to Costa Rica) and received a letter stating they didn't have sufficient information regarding my citizenship (which FYI, i was born in South Korea and adopted by U.S. parents. i was naturalized, therefore, i am a U.S. citizen). however, i only had a copy of my Naturalization Certificate, so i sent that to the Department of State (along with my adoption decree and parents' birth certificates proving their US citizenship), but that was not enough...

So today, I sent off my application and fee to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services requesting a New Certificate of Naturalization (which I will send to the Department of State, proving my US Citizenship)...However, that is completely a waiting game. And since I only have 90 days with the Dept. of State, otherwise I have to begin the entire passport process over again, it's an even more tense waiting game.

But I'm slowly starting to realize that even if the paperwork doesn't come through in time for me to go to Guatemala, that just means God has something bigger planned for me this summer. I have many opportunities to serve others this summer, so maybe He wants to use me here.

A friend commented on my status of frustration yesterday: "Remember: "No" is just as much an answer from God as "yes" or "wait."" And once I read that, I immediately realized that I needed to trust in HIS plans for me; not the ones that I planned for myself.

Another example: relationships. (and oh boy, is this a tough one).
I've overcome so many obstacles to get to the point I'm at now. But I know truly and wholeheartedly that the person God has in mind to be my future husband is 1. out there, 2. in love with Christ fully, and 3. will be revealed to me according to God's timetable.

it all comes down to patience. and it all comes down to trust.
they're hard lessons to learn (especially for me), but surrendering to Him and trusting in His plans always brings us closer to God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment