Wednesday, March 10, 2010

passport or no passport, i'll still serve!

inspiration: serving. no matter what.

so i sent off to get a passport back at the end of January. but i got a letter from the Department of State saying they received insufficient information about my citizenship to grant me passport.

naturally, i'm very upset. i sent them my certificate of foreign birth, a copy of my certificate of naturalization (because that's all my parents have...can't find the original), my adoption decree (that i had to obtain from county records) and both my parent's birth certificates (proving they were US citizens). but apparently having all that documentation isn't enough. so i'm going to go to the Passport office again tomorrow and see why the adoption decree they sent wasn't "good" enough.

i have 90 days to send them the information before they send all my documentation back. and i'm upset and nervous and sad.

i wanted a passport to go on two missions trips this year: Guatemala in July and Costa Rica in December. but even if those plans fall through, i'm still going to serve my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and serve in my church and community!

This could be a blessing in disguise. Only God knows His plans for me. :)


(Although I am saddened by the fact that not getting a passport means I wouldn't be able to go to Australia for my honeymoon like I've always dreamed of *sigh*)

No comments:

Post a Comment