Saturday, March 27, 2010

journey of faith: day three recap.

inspiration: i don't want to be angry anymore.

Ephesians 4:29: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."


I'm bad about stewing over stuff. The more I think about it, the harder it is for me to let it go...And my holding on to junk means there is a huge burden on my back. And it's heavy to carry.

My goal for today was to forgive josh. Therefore, that is what I've been working toward.

I made a list of things that hurt me enormously. They bruised my ego and my spirit, but no longer will I allow them to have that power over me. It's so hard to let go of some of those things. It's so easy to just hold on to that anger.

But God didn't do that to us. He could easily hold every single sin over us. But because of the blood of Jesus Christ, we are forgiven. Jesus is the ultimate propitiation for our sins: He gave His own life for us so that we could have a relationship with God through Him.

Forgiveness is key.

So to Josh: I'm sorry for holding all those things in my heart against you. None of those things matter to me anymore. I'm not going to let my frustration and anger give Satan a foothold in my life. I don't want to be mad and there's no point in being mad. Life is too short and too precious to be wasted on anger.


Dear Lord,
I am also sorry for holding on to my frustration for so long. I'm sorry for trying to handle things on my own rather than to walk with you in Spirit. No longer will I allow those frustrations to dictate my actions. I want to walk in Your light rather than mope around in darkness carrying bitterness and anger on my back. May I walk in a way that brings Your name glory, honor, and fame.
To You be all praise.
In Your Glorious Son's name...
Amen.


Sanctus Real -- "Forgiven"

No comments:

Post a Comment