Wednesday, March 31, 2010

journey of faith: day seven.

inspiration: this is my 100th post! :)

day seven:
This past week has been amazing! :) I really have felt a lot better about myself and my circumstances. I have really taken a step back from myself and seen all my truly remarkable blessings and it's been an awesome revelation.

goal: to keep my focus on God and place my hope in Him rather than on myself and in others.

Romans 5:3-5: "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."


If I rely on myself or on other humans for fulfillment in life, I will, ultimately, become disappointed. But if I keep my eyes set "on things above" (see Colossians 3:2), God will fill me with His love and compassion and provide me with His spirit and strength, which will not disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment