Thursday, March 25, 2010

journey of faith: day one.

inspiration: 1. The Love Dare; 2. my adventure last October; 3. I GET MY TATTOO IN A WEEK!!!


Background: on october 6, 2009, i made my skydiving appointment. and i made a vow, to myself and my BFF Joyann that i would be "guilt free and happy" by October 17, 2009 (which was when i was scheduled to jump -- but i didn't actually end up jumping until the 19th due to weather). but for two weeks (or close to), in the morning, i wrote down a negative feeling to release. i texted joyann my 'goal' and at night, i wrote something positive about my day and i text her my 'accomplishment'. this set up a source of accountability and when i was struggling, i would text or talk to her and she would offer encouragement and strength and helped me really get through a lot of bad things that i was going through.

My idea was based on "The Love Dare" (which i saw used in the movie Fireproof), where the husband's task was to do something for his wife for forty days, and each day, he added on a new task. That's the outlook I tried to take on for my "experiment" last year. it was a rough journey, no doubt. but ultimately, i was totally able to leave "all my baggage in the plane i jumped out of".

This time:
I've been dealing with a lot of frustration with myself and I really don't want to carry that burden anymore. So i'm doing the same thing again. Letting go, one step at a time. And building up my faith and strength, one step at a time.

In a week, I'm getting "faith" tattooed on my left wrist. It's symbolizing the importance and permanence of my faith. It's in a place where I will see it and remember it always. It truly is that important to me. But I need to go into the tattoo parlor knowing that I trust God fully and wholeheartedly. That I trust in His plans for me.

And I can't do that with frustration in my heart.

Day One: I will not complain about being single. I will embrace this season of my life.

Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

No comments:

Post a Comment