Thursday, March 25, 2010

journey of faith: day one recap

inspiration: this is how i roll...

Blessings:

  • an amazing God who loves me beyond measure.

  • amazing friends.

  • sharon west shared cereal with me today for lunch, since i didn't pack mine this morning :)
  • awesome Systems Analysis group (Golden Dragons, ftw)

  • kristin pearson paid for my blazer to be dry cleaned! i picked it up today. i'm so thankful for that blessing :)

  • Woman Club (that also goes with amazing friends, but they're super special to me)

  • my spiritual gift: being a "gazellasaurus" ;)




Today started off really well. We had our Design Phase presentations this morning. Our group was second to go, and I feel like we did really well. Our group has a great team dynamic, we're all laid back and fun, but we get the job done! So that went really well.

When I was at work in admissions, it became very stressful. I allowed my thoughts to turn to my ex, and it made it hard to keep my eyes on Jesus with all my thoughts turned to him. I'm still praying for spiritual discernment and strength throughout this whole process. I'm learning to rely less on the attention and affection of a person and turning to God for love and acceptance. He loves me and He won't ever let me down.

After coming home, I studied quite a bit for my Oracle test in the morning. I still have another section to study, but I will continue my pursuit for higher education after I finish blogging. I got a 98 on my first test, so the bar is set pretty high...

I met with Woman Club tonight (as is tradition every Thursday night). I am so blessed to be surrounded with other girls who I can open up with and share my experiences. We all have different spiritual gifts and it's amazing to be able to come to Woman Club and to just hang out and have fun but to also pray for one another (and run around the UC like T-Rex's. *RAWR*)


I'm not perfect. I don't have things together, sometimes. But all these things, all these feelings, all these emotions are working for a bigger purpose. This is just the dark before the morning. :)


Do you wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there’s a God who loves you where is He now

Maybe there are things you can’t see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending

(snippet from "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson)



Dear Lord,
Thank you for all your blessings. All the reminders of your love. Thank you for your unconditional love and your Son. Grant me with the strength to just stay strong and rooted in You. To rely on Your love and guidance, not a boy's. Keep my eyes turned to Your heart. Let my soul be in pursuit of You. Not a boy.
In your Glorious Son's name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment