Tuesday, March 2, 2010

come to me all who are weary...

inspiration: restless.

lately, i've been feeling very restless and uneasy about things. mostly small things, but it seems like everything has been overwhelming me and not in a good way.

relationships (or lackthereof) keep getting me down.
school stresses (namely Systems Analysis) are worrying me.

almost to the point that sleep is almost futile. i'll sleep for 8 hours, but wake up feeling restless and tired, again.

today, i went to worked in admissions, went to class, worked hard with my Systems Analysis group. we completed almost all of our hierarchy chart, but that's just one page out of about 200 that we have to complete before March 16th. i tried to take a nap before the OVC tournament games, but couldn't rest. i went to the Govs game tonight (which was pretty intense), and enjoyed myself, but now im like tired and restless again.

tomorrow, i have classes, meetings, work, AQUA (which will be another highlight evening! :) ), but how will i feel tomorrow night? hopefully not as tired as tonight.
for i remembered this verse and i will try my very hardest to be peaceful tonight:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)



I need to just calm down; lay all my worries at the foot of the cross and allow God's peace and rest flow in me and through me. He will take care of me, even when it seems like I'll never get anything done.

I lay my burdens and restlessness here before you, Lord. Give me rest. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment