Sunday, March 21, 2010

answering the holy spirit

inspiration: i'm such a jerk, sometimes...

i often forget that i'm not in control.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are.


"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." (Revelation 3:20)


Jesus knocks on the door of our hearts. He waits for us to answer. He never forces Himself upon us. He waits patiently for us to answer His call to dine with us.

I don't. I knock and get impatient when I feel like I'm ignored. I get irritated when I don't get the answer I want.

But something I realized tonight is that it's not up to me if someone chooses not to open the door for me. It only matters if they're opening up their door to Jesus when He knocks. I can't control the relationship that someone has with Christ. That is totally between them and the Holy Spirit.

I struggle with relinquishing control to the Holy Spirit. I need to put my trust into God and to know that He is knocking on the hearts of my brothers and sisters in Christ and that they will answer His calling when the time is right. For them, not me.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment