Tuesday, February 16, 2010

sweet satisfaction in Christ.

inspiration: J.Campbell White quote:


"Most men are not satisfied with the permanent output of their lives. Nothing can wholly satisfy the life of Christ within his followers except the adoption of Christ's purpose toward the world he came to redeem. Fame, pleasure, and riches are but husk and ashes in contrast with the boundless and abiding joy of working with God for the fulfillment of his eternal plans. The men who are putting everything into Christ's undertaking are getting out of life its sweetest and most priceless rewards." (J. Campbell White)



I read that quote in Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. That book had an amazing impact on me.

I'm such a selfish person sometimes that I forget that I'm here to serve and praise God. In my quest for "husk and ashes", I forget the essence of happiness: God's love and joy. In my quest for a relationship, I forget about the love God has for me. In my quest for attention, I forget about pursuing God's heart.

Ultimately, I have to realize that God has amazing plans that will unfold in its proper time.
" There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

I have to remember God's unconditional love for me and that He truly knows my heart and knows that I want to be in a Christ-fulfilling relationship. He put that in my heart for a purpose and He is going to bring that person into my life on His timetable.

Something I learned recently is that we echo God's heart. Men and women alike. When God "created us in His image", that includes our desires and our wants and needs. (A book I recommend for all women who want to know about being a woman of God: Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. Amazing!) As a woman (and a passionate woman pursuing God, at that), it's no surprise to me that I want to be treasured and delighted in and pursued. Because that's how God feels. I want to be loved unconditionally. So does God! Everything that we want and desire are reflections of God's heart. I just need to trust God's plans for me and just continue to pursue God passionately and fervently.

I can pursue relationships for the rest of my life. And even if I find "the one" for me, if I’m not pursuing God's heart in the process, I won't experience the most ultimate and fulfilling happiness possible. And as difficult as it is for me to be patient and stay focused on the Lord and His plans and purposes for me, I must hold on to that trust and faith and reliance on Him. But I trust Him with everything and I know that as long as I am pursuing His heart and fulfilling His purposes, I am experiencing truly, marvelous, sweet satisfaction in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment