Wednesday, February 17, 2010

many prayers.

inspiration: praying for strength and for others.

i heard on the radio that when you're feeling bad or feeling selfish, to do something for someone else or to pray for someone else. well, i've definitely been feeling badly and negatively about some things lately and i feel like i need to be less selfish.

i also heard that sometimes it can be good to write a prayer for your future spouse. granted, i don't have a clue who God has in mind for me, but it may help me keep my perspective about relationships. so at the end of this post, i'm going to post my prayer for my future husband.

my small group has been listening to a series of podcasts entitled "Love, Dating, Marriage, and Sex" by Greg Pinkner, and they've been incredibly eye-opening and, for me, heart-shattering a bit because i know that i've made a lot of mistakes in past relationships.

but i want to keep my perspective on God. i want to keep my eyes on Jesus. i have set the standards in my heart and now i have the faith, spirit, friends, and family to hold me to those standards because they know what a relationship focused on God and not on worldly pleasures is based on. and i'm so glad i have that now.

it doesn't change the fact that i yearn and desire greatly to be accepted and loved and wanted by someone; but my desires and "non-negotiables" have been set in stone upon the tablet of my heart and i am going to guard my heart with everything i have.

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

i pray for spiritual discernment to know who deserves my heart. i pray for strength when temptation comes. i pray for patience and trust in God's plans for me. but most of all i pray that whomever God created for me will be more passionate and in love with God than i am.


Dear Lord,
I know this is about different...I usually pray for myself and I usually ask you to bless me in some way or another. But I dedicate this prayer for my future husband.

I pray that he is healthy, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I pray for his safety and strength. I pray that he is living a life that just reflects your heart. I pray that You're blessing Him in ways that only You can bless Him. I pray that he trusts in you wholeheartedly and will do anything You call him to do. I pray that when you bring us together, You would be glorified in magnificent ways.

I know You'll bring us together and while I hope that time is soon, I also realize that I'm an impatient person and "soon" will never be soon enough. So I trust wholeheartedly in Your timetable and in Your plans for me.

I love you, Lord, with all my heart and mind and strength. Bless both myself and whoever "my man" is ;)
In Your Glorious Son's name I pray.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment