Saturday, February 6, 2010

friends.

inspiration: friends. john 15:13.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. --john 15:13



i've been so blessed to have amazing friends in my life. girls that came into my life when I needed them most. girls that are there when i need a hug or a smile, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen when i just need to scream; love, support, kindness, grace, and joy.

here's a shout-out to you and praise to God for placing you in my life! May we always honor and glorify Him with our lives :)

joyann: my sister. i've known you for almost 12 years now. we've made so many memories and been through so much together and apart. we're living proof that distance doesn't matter when it comes to friendship. you truly are a woman of God and i look up to you so much. you've offered me so much "joy and grace" -- LOL since that's your name ;)-- and i appreciate all the long conversations and the fact that even when i've seemingly hit rock bottom, you're there to lift me up and to push me forward in my relationship with God. Great praise to God for blessing me with a sister like you ♥

brooke-ulus: my roomie. housing didn't know what they were getting into when they placed us together (but God did =D) and i'm so blessed for that. we have incredible and hilarious memories and we've both certainly struggled with so much. but i'm so glad that you've been a true friend to me, even when i treated you less than honorably. Girl, remember, God always has your back! I'd do well to take my own advice sometimes, but He is gonna take care of us :) we may not know our directions in life, but as long as we stay on the path toward Him, He will never leave or forsake us. He will provide! Always. (Matthew 6:25-34; Philippians 4:12-13)

sharon: my "admissions person". i love you so much. you've been such an inspirational and influential spiritual mentor. i'm so glad God has blessed me with someone who i can talk to about pretty much anything, who will lead me and provide me with spiritual knowledge. i hope that someday i can be as influential, spiritually, as you are to me :)

kelsey: my neighbor. i am SOOO glad we've been able to get to know each other over the past few months. you're a beautiful and amazing girl and i look up to you so much for your strength in Christ. singleness, especially in college, can be rough and even though i know that "someone" is out there for me, im glad that we can talk and relate to each other so well. thanks for all the "pep-talks" about guys. i know that whenever God deems it right on His timetable for me, that someone will come into my life and it will be a relationship that glorifies Him.

Woman's Club!: my thursday night crew. Brookeulus, Carmen, Mo-Schro, Kate! You gals are pretty swell! I love knowing that no matter how rough or great my week is, on thursday nights, i have a group of amazing girls that will lift me up to God in my trials or celebrate with me in my triumphs. I pray that we will always be closely knit, not only with each other, but also with God. He is our stronghold; He is our refuge and strength.

Small groups: my sunday and monday night community groups. Katie, Heather, Sheena, Meagan, Kim, Dr. Denley, Hannah, Jackie! Grace Community Church in general has changed my life for the better. Not only by bringing me closer and more passionate for God, but also for bringing me into contact with you guys. i know that every sunday night, i can expect good food and conversation centered around Christ and what He is teaching us and showing us in our daily walks with Him. and on monday nights, i look forward to our "girl time" with Christ and just being surrounded with friends and a small group leader (Meagan) who is just deeply rooted in Christ and to bringing Him glory! i'm so amazingly blessed!


Someone loves you even when you don't think so
Don't you know, you got me and Jesus
By your side through the fight you will never be alone
On your own, you got me and Jesus
--"Me and Jesus", Stellar Kart

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, I know I'm just an acquaintance of yours and that's all cool. I just want you to know that I love to see your status on FB and I think you're a great girl. Some guy is going to be lucky (scratch that - blessed) to have you has his wife. I'm glad that you're digging down deep into the heart of God so that the only way a guy CAN find you is to go through God first! I pray that my daughter has a heart for God - and for others - the way you do. Don't think you're not an example to others; you are, especially to young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Nikki!!! :) LOVE YOU GIRL!

    ReplyDelete