Thursday, February 4, 2010

finding strength in rejection.

inspiration: i'm horrible at dealing with rejection.

i was slightly let down today. i had hoped (quite emphatically, at that) to have a chance to have dinner with someone i haven't seen in a long time. i had been planning on this since saturday night. this person had told me all week that they weren't really sure about their plans for tonight. but i kept my hopes up and then when they told me today that they couldn't really have dinner or hang out or anything, i was immediately frustrated.

my immediate thoughts were "they weren't ever going to meet me...they just strung me along all week...". i was understandably hurt and frustrated and upset.

but amidst this "rejection", if you consider it that, i'm determined to find strength and to be at peace. it hasn't been easy so far. i'm still upset and hurt and slightly offended, but i guess i shouldn't get too wound up over something as miniscule as dinner.

"don't cry over spilled milk", right?

i'll overcome this situation. hopefully even gain valuable perseverance and faith. :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore me to the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. --Psalm 51:10-12



I'm praying for a peace of mind and heart. not only to be at peace with God's plans for me, but also for peace of mind and heart with this person. everything will work out with them in accordance with God's plans. i just need to take a step back, be patient, and breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment