Sunday, February 14, 2010

Compliments to God

inspiration: worship.

As much as I hate Valentines day and as depressed as I am that I don't have a "special guy" to share it with, I'm bound and determined to look past my sad, pathetic woes and praise God for all His workings in my life.

Today started off as an AMAZING day of worship at Grace Community Church! Pastor Ron did a sermon about worship. The Scripture he focused on was Acts 16:25-34 about Paul and Silas. He made mention of 4 principles of authentic worship:


  • It happens in the good times AND bad times

  • It builds community

  • It captures God's attention

  • It leads others to Christ



It was an inspiring sermon. After finishing Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper, it really tied some things together for me. After all, we are all called to worship God. He LOVES our worship. Think about it, we love to be complimented about things we do. It makes us feel good; it makes us feel special. That's what worship is to God. Endless, awesome praise. Even the "small" things we do in life bring honor and glory to God.

I also was baptized today! =D

It was an awesome feeling to just profess in front of friends, family, and strangers that God is doing incredible things in my life. In those moments where myself and about twenty others were being baptized, it wasn't about us or what Chad and Michael were doing: it was about God. Our baptisms were representative of each one of us dying to ourselves and being awakened in Christ!! Our baptisms were just "compliments" to God; praise and honor and glory for Him and His blessings in each of our lives.

That's what today was about.

I'm tired of carrying a burden of negativity. I'm not generally a negative person outwardly because I try to suppress my negativity around others in order to avoid being labeled a "negative Nancy" (or in my case a "negative Nikki"). But I know that carrying around a burden of negativity isn't worship. It's the opposite, actually. It's not bringing God glory, it brings pity upon myself.

But today is about worshiping an amazing God who loves me unconditionally! And I will try my very hardest to send my little compliments to God every. single. day. I will try my very hardest to live a life of authentic Christ-centered worship.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Nikki!! And blessed to be a part of your "compliment" today!! God is going to do amazing things in and through you!!!

    ReplyDelete