Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"typical" tuesday

inspiration: it's tuesday.

interesting tidbit i heard on the radio this morning. i generally listen to WAY-FM on the radio. this morning was no exception and Mornings With Brant was on (as always) and Brant said that "Tuesday mornings are the most stressful morning of the week". and after today, i must say, that today has definitely been stressful. (i can't say that all tuesdays are stressful or that tuesday, in general, is the most stressful day for me, but today was just "one of those days").

he proceeded to say "I think even if we read this passage from Matthew 6 every day, it would never get old." and he read the following Scriptures:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

--Matthew 6:25-34


I must say that driving to school, I didn't think much about it. But after today, it's something I definitely need to really internalize and fully take to heart.

My day in a nutshell:

  • Got my Systems Analysis group/project assignment today

  • What we did today wasn't particularly stressful, but today starts the whole process. Planning and preparing to design this system started today. Our first team meeting was scheduled and soon we will have to meet with Dr. Myers and thus will start our first phase. Thoughts of this already stress me out because I know the importance and gravity of this course.

  • I applied for my passport today. After jumping through several hoops.

  • I feel very drawn to missions now. I can't say I've ever had as strong of feelings as I do now about doing missions work and bringing the name of Jesus to light for people, be it in "our own backyard" or across the world. But after speaking to the college ministry leader last Sunday at church, there are a couple opportunities in Costa Rica and Guatemala to do missions work this summer. So I'm hoping that one of those missions trips will work out for me.

    But when you apply for a passport, you have to send proof of US Citizenship. And I'm a naturalized citizen, but all the paperwork I had in my possession that proved this was apparently "not enough" to send off for approval. I had to make multiple trips to the Passport office with various documents and I should not have let it overwhelm and stress me out as much as I did because regardless, God is in control of my situation. Luckily, I did finally get the necessary documents to send off and I paid the fees (which was another story in itself....if you want to know, just ask), but everything is now taken care of. All there is to do now is wait.

  • My transmission in my car is about to die.

  • Poor Adrian (my car). She's been through so much since I've had her.
    I drove home to take care of my passport paperwork and to celebrate my mom's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!), but on the interstate, it started doing crazy junk and I just prayed I could make it home (which I did) and I pray I can make it back to Clarksville in the morning (which I hope I do).


But in light of everything that happened, I feel like worrying is something I definitely need to work on. It's natural to worry, but when we let worry consume us and overshadow the fact that God is in control and He will take care of us in all situations, that's when it becomes a problem. Trying to take things into our own hands sometimes seems like the only option, but trusting God is always an option. But He shouldn't be our "Plan B" or our "last ditch effort". We should always trust Him FIRST! And I definitely struggle with doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment