Sunday, January 17, 2010

THIS is love.

inspiration: I Kissed Dating Goodbye

I'm currently reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, given to me by a dear friend. I've only read a few chapters, but I'm already seeing the benefits of taking on a new perspective about dating.

LOVEEEE this quote:

"The world takes us to a silver screen on which flickering images of passion and romance play, and as we watch, the world says, "This is love." God takes us to the foot of a tree on which a naked and bloodied man hangs and says, "THIS is love." (I Kissed Dating Goodbye, 64)

My definitions of dating & relationships are definitely transforming.
"We cannot love as God loves and date as the world dates. God's grand view of love pushes out the pettiness and selfishness which defines so much of what takes place in dating. (I Kissed Dating Goodbye, 70)

No comments:

Post a Comment