Saturday, January 16, 2010

singleness.

"Living in true beauty can require much waiting, much time, much tenacity of spirit. We must constantly direct our gazes toward the face of God, even in the presence of longing and sorrow. It is in waiting that our hearts are enlarged." (Captivating, 143)


My prince will come. And I will learn to wait patiently for that day.

I wrote a post entitled "Maybe Paul was on to something…"
1 Corinthians 7: A chapter I hadn't fully embraced when I wrote that post, but one that I'm trying fervently now to cling to and refer to when I'm tempted to try and pursue a relationship.

My gaze needs to be focused completely on God. He is my rock; He is my refuge; He is the only One who can fill the void in my heart: no man can, no amount of money can, no amount of "stuff" can. Only God can fill me to the brim...and then overflow! :)

(Plus, I have the ultimate killjoy this semester: Systems Analysis. Even if I had someone to be in a relationship with, that class would prevent me from ever seeing them. This semester will definitely be a test of faith and reliance completely on God to heal the wounds of my heart and to fill and overflow my heart.)

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her."

No comments:

Post a Comment