Friday, January 29, 2010

music = love.

inspiration: ♪MUSIC = LOVE♥

I often think "Life would be so much better if it were set to music."
Think about it. What's the best part of the movie? The MUSIC! Duh!
I mean, sure it wouldn't be much of a movie without a plot and actors, but if it were all just dialogue, I think it would get pretty dull. But music transcends all things. There is a song for every situation and a song for every emotion.

And since it's a snow day and I'm sitting around in my PJs, it only seems appropriate to also have music in the background. I'm currently listening to WAY-FM (which I LOVE!) and I realized that sometimes, just listening to the "right songs" can change my mood and lift my spirits.

I get so upset and so frustrated because "Things don't go my way" or "I'm just not good enough" or "Dangit, why can't (insert certain name here) just like me back" or something silly and absurd and selfish like that. But here are just a few songs that absolutely put my heart in a mode of worship and praise for God. They can take me from the thought process of "Nikki, Nikki, Nikki" to "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!"

Including, but by no means limited to...

  • From the Inside Out -- Seventh Day Slumber

  • "My heart and my soul
    I give you control
    Consume me from the inside out
    Let justice and praise become my embrace
    To love you from the inside out
    Everlasting your light will shine when all else fades
    Never-ending your glory goes beyond all fame
    And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise from the inside out
    Oh, my soul cries out"
    Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will."

    I want (and desperately need) to be changed from the inside out. I feel so torn sometimes between the worldly desires of my heart and the godly desires of the Holy Spirit.

  • More Beautiful You -- Jonny Diaz

  • "There could never be a more beautiful you
    Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
    You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
    So there could never be a more beautiful you."
    It's so easy to get caught up in the worldly and deceptive image of beauty. Not just physical beauty, but also emotional beauty. I really struggle with feeling "emotionally" beautiful quite a bit, particularly when it comes to a certain person. I want to be accepted by them, but being rejected repeatedly makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. And it's something I really need to put behind me.

    What I have come to realize is that what I desire in my heart (this reciprocation of love and acceptance and affection) is something that the person God has planned specifically for me will be attuned to and will give me. But more importantly, it's something that God already knows about and He is constantly pursuing my heart to turn to Him. He is the only One who will love me unconditionally and see me for the beautiful person I truly am. I am His daughter and there is no one else who could fulfill the purpose He has planned for me!

  • Mess of Me -- Switchfoot

  • "I've made a mess of me, I wanna get back the rest of me
    I've made a mess of me, I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
    I've made a mess of me, I wanna reverse this tragedy
    I've made a mess of me, I wanna spend the rest of my life alive
    The rest of my life alive!"
    There is no denying that I am a screwed up person. I've made many mistakes, I've walked down a path of unrighteousness, I've been very "unChristian" in my walk with God. I still make mistakes and I still get very frustrated and upset with myself. But one thing is for sure, I want to spend the rest of my life alive!

    Jesus taught Nicodemus in John 3 that we must be "born again".
    Matthew 16:25 says, "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

    And I have to constantly remind myself to "die to myself" in order to gain Christ. I have to push away my selfish, self-centered ambitions in order to hear and be in tune with God's plans for me. It's not easy, but it's worth it!

  • Heartbeat -- Remedy Drive

  • "I wanna wake up, I wanna restart, Put the drumbeat back in my heart
    I need to be revived, Bring me back to life."
    I get complacent. It happens to us all at some point or another. We are just rolling with the punches of life, with little or no thought about God. We take things into our own hands without fully relying on the goodness of God. And most of the time, my complacent times lead to me becoming "self-sufficient", it gives me a false sense of control…the feeling of "I can do all things!" rather than "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

  • Any Tenth Avenue North song

  • What Faith Can Do -- Kutless

  • "Life is so much more
    Than what your eyes are seeing
    You will find your way
    If you keep believing"

    "I've seen dreams that move the mountains
    Hope that doesn't ever end
    Even when the sky is falling
    And I've seen miracles just happen
    Silent prayers get answered
    Broken hearts become brand new
    That's what faith can do"
    Faith is what it's all about.
    Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." and 11:6, "And without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

    Sometimes, it is extremely hard to hold my head up and believe that God has a plan for me. That he has an ultimate purpose for all the struggles, tests, trials…basically all the "junk" that I have piled on my heart. But somehow, I have to brush off that uncertainty and believe that He will come through for me. Because He will! It may not be in the way I want it to or in the way I expect it, but He always comes through.

  • Hosanna -- Hillsong United

  • This is just a beautiful, absolutely GORGEOUS worship song that I absolutely love. It's about how Jesus will come for us and we will just fall to our knees in worship and in awe of Him!

    I absolutely cannot wait for my time to be with Him in Heaven and to worship at the foot of His mighty throne and to just be in awe of Him and His glory! (Granted, I like my life here on earth, don't get me wrong. But the ultimate goal is, of course, to one day worship and honor the all-mighty King of Heaven and earth!)

  • The Stand -- Hillsong United

  • "I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
    In awe of the One who gave it all.
    I'll stand, my soul Lord to you surrendered
    All I am is Yours"
    Another absolutely amazing worship song.
    I struggle so much with absolute surrender. I have said it before that I am a control freak and it's still very true. I need and desire God's mercy and closeness, so very much. But I struggle a lot with just handing the keys over to Him and trusting in His plans for me. But, honestly, I know I'd be much better off with God being in control rather than me. ;)

  • I Will Go -- Starfield

  • "I will go, I will go
    I will go, Lord send me
    To the world, To the lost
    To the poor and hungry
    Take everything I am
    I'm clay within your hands
    I will go, I will go, send me"
    Lately, I've had it on my heart to be used by God in new ways for me. Like missions. I always thought it would be "cool" to go on a missions trip, but I guess I didn't really feel that "calling". But now I'm really wanting to share the gospel and love of Jesus! I've been so moved and amazed and change by His love and mercy that I want to share that!

    I want to be taken outside my comfort zone and be pretty much humbled before my brothers and sisters in Christ and before Christ Himself. I have a lot of personal issues and struggles and I'm not afraid to share my shortcomings in order to bring others and myself closer to God.

  • Forgiven -- Sanctus Real

  • "In this life
    I know what I've been
    But here in your arms
    I know what I am
    I'm forgiven
    I'm forgiven
    And I don't have to carry
    The weight of who I've been
    Cause I'm forgiven"
    Love it! I'm definitely haunted by my past. I am burdened with past regrets and decisions I've made that weren't in the interest of Christ. And I carried that burden for a long time, and I still carry it. But I know that no matter what, God sees me through the blood of Christ: as perfect!

    Grace & Mercy. Powerful, but absolutely true. They're undeserved, but God loves me SOO much that He sent His Son to die for me that I may be reunited with Him in Heaven one day! Now that's a love that cannot be beat!

  • I'm Not Alright -- Sanctus Real

  • "I'm not alright
    I'm broken inside, broken inside
    And all I go through, it leads me to You
    Leads me to You"
    Like I've mentioned about a billion times before, I’m messed up. I have a lot of issues and struggles. But I have learned that in every single trial, test, and suffering, God is using it for a purpose. Some of those purposes are still unknown to me, but in time, I will gain wisdom for everything I've encountered and experienced.

    I'm broken and torn and scarred, but all the brokenness, pain, and scars draw me closer to God. Everything I am is for Him. He holds all things together in me and through me!! During the times that I feel like I am nothing, He is keeping me together and strengthening, shaping, and molding me to be used for His glorious plan.


...and on a much separate note, I absolutely cannot WAIT for the Passion album! It will be released some time in March! Too excited for words!
http://268generation.com/blog/
Amazing worship took place at Passion and I absolutely cannot wait to be taken back to the 21,000+ college students with arms raised high in awe of the God of the Heavens and the earth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment