Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the most amazing thing...

inspiration: a conversation i had with myself...

Yes, I had a conversation with myself. I imagined it being with another person, but ultimately, I was also speaking to me. But I imagined being in conversation with someone that maybe questioned my motives as to why I was a believer or why I believed what I believe and why I believe it.

I remember just picturing myself asking this person:

"Do you know what the greatest thing about being a child of God is?"



And my reply:

Knowing that it's not about me!


Everything I am and everything I do is for the glory of God. And that's the way it should be! The more I lose myself in this life, the more I gain for the sake of Christ. It feels great knowing that I am just an insignificant person glorifying the Creator of the Universe and the Sustainer of Life.

We've all experienced awe-inspiring, life-changing views of God's beauty, be it a sunset, the ocean, the clouds, earth...whatever it is, IT IS GOD! =D
I haven't been there, but I can imagine standing at the ledge of the Grand Canyon and looking at all it's vastness and wideness and depth and seeing God. I can imagine standing at the top of a mountain, looking out and seeing the vast country spread over the horizon and seeing God. Those kinds of views and those kind of experiences make us feel small. Make us feel insignificant. Make us feel a feeling of "there is more to life than me..."

...so why can't we live that out daily? Why can't we adopt the principle thought of "This isn't about me. It's about God!"

It's the greatest thing about being a child of God. And not only that, but knowing we're human. We err. We make mistakes. We're borne of Adam and Eve and therefore sinners by nature, but we're loved unconditionally by the same Creator who made the heavens and the earth and everything in between.
He gave up His only Son, who was in essence, God Himself, in order that we may know His mercy and undying love for us!

We can only satisfy our human nature so much. We'll never be made full and complete unless we choose to give up the gods we worship daily (money, television, people, jobs, etc) in order to make room for the God that matters. But to experience true satisfaction, true fullness, true COMPLETENESS IN HIM, we must lose ourselves (our greed, our pride, our selfish ambitions, our "me" moments) in order that we may be filled with Christ.

Philippians 1:21 "...to live is Christ and to die is gain"
Philippians 3:7 "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ"
Matthew 10:39 "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it"

It's not about us. It's about Christ and loving Christ with all our hearts, minds, souls, bodies, and being and following Him in the ways He set forth for us through His Word.

I am insignificant. And I am proud to be for the sake of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment