Sunday, January 24, 2010

failure -- it's not the end.

inspiration: Pastor Ron's sermon.

this morning's sermon at Grace this morning was about failure. and how we can overcome failure in our life and use it to bring us closer to God.

hearing Ron's words (but more importantly, feeling God's presence in my heart) really encouraged me. it really drove home my blog post from yesterday (it's called "grace" for a reason"). it really helped me realize that 1. God still loves me despite my failures, 2. my failures don't have to define me, and 3. the best days of life may be after my failure, not before, if i allow God to shape the rest of my story.

the passage Ron referenced today were John 8:1-11 about the woman who was caught in adultery and brought before Jesus to be condemned, but the famous verse was spoken instead: "If anyone of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." (John 8:7)

We're not all without our own failures. But they don't have to (and they shouldn't!) define us. We are still loved unconditionally by God and when we choose to turn our life around for God, He will lead our paths. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment