Sunday, January 31, 2010

according to Him...

inspiration: "According to you" by Orianthi

I don't listen to much mainstream music, but over the past couple days, I've been listening to 107.5 and Q108 just for a "change of sound" and there's a song that caught my attention: "According to you" by Orianthi

Here's part of how it goes:

According to you
I'm stupid,
I'm useless,
I can't do anything right.
According to you
I'm difficult,
hard to please,
forever changing my mind.
I'm a mess in a dress,
can't show up on time,
even if it would save my life.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
he can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
so baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
according to you.


Based on my quick interpretation of the song, it's basically an anthem to an ex-boyfriend about a new boyfriend. But that's not quite the interpretation I am going to take in this post. Rather, I'm taking it as a world vs. God's view of me.

According to the world, I may not have much going for me. I'm not tall. I'm not very coordinated. I'm not, what I consider to be, drop-dead-gorgeous. I choose to pave my own path and not follow the crowd (most times, anyways). I'm spastic, A.D.D., and hyperactive. I dance like a crazy person and I sound like a dying cow when I sing. I have a lot of issues and my fair share of quirks.

But according to Him (the Him that matters most!),

  • My sins are as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12)

  • I am an heir of the kingdom (Romans 8:17)

  • I am part of the body of Christ … a necessary part (1 Corinthians 12:14, 27)

  • My weaknesses are made perfect through Him (2 Corinthians 12:9)

  • I am known by God (Galatians 4:9)

  • I am the pure bride of Christ (Revelation 19:7-8; Ephesians 5:25-27)

  • My heart and thoughts are known by Him (1 John 3:20)

  • I am perfect!

    (Colossians 1:28; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Ephesians 1:4; 1 John 3:3)


So as much as I beat myself up for not being "good enough" by the world standards. I may just start turning on this song and dancing around the room like the crazed person I am and just relishing in the fact that according to HIM,

I am perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment