Thursday, December 17, 2009

A trustworthy saying...: Part 1

inspiration: 1 Timothy

I can't say I know Paul (formerly Saul), but I do know that I can sometimes relate. In 1 Timothy 5:15, he refers to himself as a sinner -- "of whom I am the worst". I certainly am a sinner and certainly sometimes I feel as though I don't deserve anything, but what brings me back to the reality of this life is this: God still loves me!

Broken, miserable, desperate...he loves me!
David speaks of this in Psalm 34
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken." (verses 17-20)

When we get pass our pride and self-sufficient attitude, only then can we fully surrender. And I will be the first to admit my pride and self-sufficiency. And sometimes it makes me feel horrible...but Christ always reveals His unfailing mercy and love to me.

Paul write about it:
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -- of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason, I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." --1 Timothy 1:15-16

Sometimes, I don't feel like I deserve that kind of mercy and patience. But God is there to comfort, strengthen, heal, rebuild, and love ♥. Amen! :)

1 comment:

  1. Why do you feel you have the honor of being the Worst of sinners? I think you are far from the worst of sinners. Yes we are all sinners, but mly goodness Nikkie the worst?

    ReplyDelete