Monday, December 21, 2009

A trustworthy saying: Part 2

Inspiration: 1 Timothy

1 Timothy 4:9-12 says:

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.


Sometimes, we, as college students, tend to get "clumped" as "young folks who get a taste of independence and go wild". For a while, I tried out my independence, but in doing so, it brought me closer to God, I think.

At the current time, I kind of consider myself to be a "born again Christian", in a sense.
I shared my testimony (HERE) and I acknowledged the fact that I made a choice to accept Jesus as my Savior, but it wasn't until recently that I made a huge lifestyle change to accompany the decision to follow Christ with my life.

In John 3, Jesus is teaching Nicodemus about what it means to be "born again".


In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." (verses 3-8)

"But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." (verse 21)


We're called to live "in the light". We should no longer live in the flesh. Our actions should reflect those of Christ.

My hope is that, even though I may be "young", I won't be looked down upon as a "crazy, out of control young person". I want my life to reflect that I've been "born again" and that I stand firm in my faith and in my walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment