Friday, December 18, 2009

the power of prayer.

inspiration: a simple text message.

I find it amazing that I sent out a text message to 8 girls to pray for me because I needed comfort and peace and within minutes, almost everyone had sent one back saying "Praying for you" or "Will do."

The power of prayer is amazing. I mean, I was instantly comforted knowing that a handful of girls are helping keep me accountable and who care about me enough to take a moment out of their day to lift me up to God.


Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
--James 5:13-16


Thanks for the prayers, girls :) You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment