Thursday, December 10, 2009

inspiration.

Inspiration: Sussette.

My aunt told me in some capacity, in some way that I needed to write and to inspire someone with what I write. (She also made fun of me because I am anti-Black Friday, but that's another story :-P)

I feel like I should start off answering the obvious questions:
  1. Why did I decide to write this?
  2. Why did I choose to name it "Faith Overflow"?

I started to write this for several reasons:
  1. Sussette wanted me to :)
  2. To keep myself accountable in spending time with God
  3. To allow myself a forum to really present what's in my heart on various topics, whether it be faith-based or just about life.
The name has a little bit more depth, though:

Faith is a word I love. It's a beautiful word that has so much meaning.
Hebrews 11:1 gives this definition of faith: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (NIV). Hebrews 11:6 goes on to give us the purpose behind faith: "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (NIV)

Overflow is a word that is not as quite as a dynamic word as faith, but still important nonetheless. If you think about it in the context of everyday life, if you overfill a coffee cup, it spills over the brim...I want this to apply to my spiritual life, too. I don't want "faith" to just be "contained" in church, or small groups, or Bible study. I want it to overflow into every facet of my life.

Also, I want it to not be able to be contained. Coffee was, obviously meant to be contained in a cup or mug or what-have-you. But our love, no make that passion, for God wasn't meant to be contained. It was something that was meant to be shared, something meant to transcend every part of our lives.

This leads me to another topic that I will blog about later tonight, hopefully.

*UPDATE* Read the new post

No comments:

Post a Comment