Thursday, December 10, 2009

hardcore.

This is a re-post from my note on Facebook:
Inspiration: my obsession with the word "hardcore"


hardcore.


For some reason, I have an absolute fascination (almost to the point of obsession) for the word.

According to dictionary.com, the definition is:
--adjective: unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated.

To me, it means serious business. If I refer to something or someone as being "hardcore", it means that it/they are serious, passionate, intense. For me, it's something I want to be for God!! I know some pretty hardcore followers of Christ and I look up to them and respect them so so so much!

I'm not one to ever refer to myself as "hardcore" just because I know myself. I know that I am a far-from-perfect follower of Christ. Most recently, I identify myself as being selfish, prideful, and "self-sufficient", meaning I thought I could handle life on my own. I treated conversation and time spent with God and the Holy Spirit as the top of the Food Pyramid --I "used sparingly", rather than allowing God to be the spiritual staple of my life.

I haven't been at peace for a while with life, to be perfectly honest, and I have no one to blame but myself. But I am in the process of transforming myself. See Romans 12:2. I am in the process of living wholly and solely for the purpose of bring praise to God. He is truly the most important thing in this world (and beyond!).

A quote from Francis Chan's Forgotten God that I totally identify with: "I say I want to give it all to God, to truly submit myself to the leading of the Holy Spirit. But I won't lie; sometimes the reality of what that means leaves me wanting to hold back a little."

But I've gotten to the point where I know that "holding back" is not an option. Holding back leads me to "use sparingly" (which is a portion that will NOT satisfy my spiritual hunger). I want to be totally consumed with living a life that reflects His mercy, power, blessings, and love for me. My desire is to be serious, passionate, and intense for God. I want to be "unswervingly committed, uncompromising, dedicated" for the One that matters most. I want to be hardcore.

(this is for all of you to keep me accountable ;) )


www.dictionary.com
www.ForgottenGod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment