Saturday, December 26, 2009

bold and brave.

inspiration: 2 Timothy


"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" --2 Timothy 1:7


I'm not much of a public speaker. I'll do it, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It doesn't really come all that naturally to me. But the beautiful thing about God and His plan for us is that we don't have to be brilliant speakers or orators to reach out to people. He will speak through us.

When we are following God and truly reveling in His glory, we realize that we were given this boldness and power in order to glorify Him. He provides us with that strength! Sometimes all we have to do is overcome our "fear of public speaking" in order to share His glory.

I know that I really do suffer from a fear of rejection, sometimes, when it comes to the outward, vocal expression of my faith. I don't want to "ruffle feathers" or to make someone feel uncomfortable or give someone the "wrong impression" about me. perhaps it is my pride, perhaps it's a fear of saying the wrong thing, but what I need to realize in those moments is that it's not about me. It's about God!


"...do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." --Matthew 10:19-20


We may be persecuted for our faith, we may be looked down upon, we may be rejected. But it's not about us. It's about the glory and honor of God being shared! The Holy Spirit will guide us in those "tough moments". You could plant a seed in someone's heart that the Holy Spirit sows in time. It's just a matter of overcoming a fear and speaking out on God's behalf! I hope that with the new year, I can also embrace overcoming my fear and will be more open to expressing God's love and to sharing my testimony with others and sharing what God means to me. After all, it's all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment