Thursday, December 24, 2009

a baby changes everything.

inspiration: it's Christmas Eve...duh!

Tonight was a wonderful night :)
Spent time at Mompom's with a smorgasbord of food. Captain D's + Chinese + lots of desserts, to be exact ;)
We began by reading the Christmas story (Luke 2:1-20), a new tradition, I hope.
We ate. We exchanged hugs and gifts. And then parted ways to celebrate with our immediate families.

:)

I hope that when I "grow up" and have a family that my children will know the significance of what Jesus' birth means for the world. I hope that Christmas isn't about the toys or the money, but rather about the true reason for the season: to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth.

A baby changed everything: The Savior of the world was born of a virgin and placed in a manger because there was no room at the inn. The wisemen (Magi) followed a star and offered gifts to Jesus (Matthew 2:9-11). The joy of giving. I hope they understand this. :)


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment